|http://www.axisbank.com||24 Years Old|
|Mumbai, Maharastra, India||Banking|
|10000+ Employees||Public company|
Axis Bank impact
Branches and extension counters
Average age of an Axis Bank employee
about Axis Bank
Axis Bank is the third largest private sector bank in India. Axis Bank offers the entire spectrum of financial services to customer segments covering Large and Mid-Corporates, MSME, Agriculture and Retail Businesses.
The Bank has a large footprint of 2402 domestic branches (including extension counters) and 12,922 ATMs spread across the country as on 31st March 2014. The overseas operations of the Bank are spread over its seven international offices with branches at Singapore, Hong Kong, DIFC (Dubai International Financial Centre), Colombo and Shanghai and representative offices at Dubai and Abu Dhabi. During the year, the Bank has upgraded its representative office in Shanghai, China to a branch to become the first Indian private sector bank to set up a branch in China. During the year, the Bank’s overseas subsidiary namely Axis Bank UK Ltd. commenced banking operations.
Axis Bank is one of the first new generation private sector banks to have begun operations in 1994. The Bank was promoted in 1993, jointly by Specified Undertaking of Unit Trust of India (SUUTI) (then known as Unit Trust of India),Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC), National Insurance Company Ltd., The New India Assurance Company Ltd., The Oriental Insurance Company Ltd. and United India Insurance Company Ltd. The shareholding of Unit Trust of India was subsequently transferred to SUUTI, an entity established in 2003.
With a balance sheet size of Rs.3,83,245 crores as on 31st March 2014, Axis Bank has achieved consistent growth and stable asset quality with a 5 year CAGR (2010-14) of 21% in Total Assets, 19% in Total Deposits, 23% in Total Advances and 28% in Net Profit.
To be the preferred financial solutions provider excelling in customer delivery through insight, empowered employees and smart use of technology
Axis Bank story
Axis Bank products & services
Lending to small and medium enterprises
Axis Bank team
Sanjeev K Gupta
K. N. Prithviraj
V. R. Kaundinya
Axis Bank office photos
Mumbai Office( 5 photos )
Axis Bank office locations
Axis Bank amusing facts
- 1The recycling initiative under the Green Banking banner by Axis Bank has helped the bank productively use around 21572 kilograms of dry waste during the year 2012-13
- 2The Axis Bank's corporate office in Mumbai is designed and constructed as a Platinum LEED-Certified Green Building
- 3Axis Bank has the largest ATM network among private banks in India and it operates an ATM at one of the world’s highest sites at Thegu, Sikkim at a height of 4,023 meters (13,200 ft) above sea level.
- 4The bank was the first private sector bank to get a license under the new guidelines issued by the RBI
- 5It became the first Indian Private sector bank to set up a branch in China in 2014.
- 6It became the first Indian Bank to successfully issue Foreign Currency Hybrid Capital in the International Market in 2006
- 7It became the first Bank in the world to reach $2 billion loading on prepaid Travel CurrencyCards in 2012