Carwale Sde (software development engineer) interview
I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Bhopal for Sde (software development engineer) role at Carwale
Test Technical Interview Technical Interview HR Interview
No. of Questions
- Section 1: Total 4 question for online coding (hackerrank). 1-parenthesis balance check , 2-find number of pair in a given array which is equal to given sum, 3-given an array of size n and its elements, you have to include k elements such that the difference between the highest and lowest number in these k elements is minimum. 4-find the min distance from a left top to right bottom in a 2-D matrix. Languages : C / C++
Attempt at least 2 questions
- Question 1: Make 24 using 8, 8, 3, 3 using + = / * ( ) .
- Question 2: Find all permutations of a given string. (Not in lexicographic order).
- Question 3: Given an array of size 98 and it has natural numbers from 1-100 but 2 numbers are missing. find them.
- Question 4: Fnd if a binary tree is bst or not.
- Question 5: Detect and remove cycle in a linked list.
- Question 6: A string is given consisting of lowercase alphabets. Write a function which returns yes if the string has all the lowercase letters appearing in it at least once. O(N) time and without using extra space.
The interviewer asked to write the full code for a couple of questions only.
Ask for a hint if stuck.
Ask for a hint if stuck.
- Question 1: Convert a given number to its hexadecimal form.
- Question 2: Asked me how I rate myself in various subjects (CN , DBMS , OOPS ,OS). I told him that I am comfortable with OS and OOPS. Then he asked : Why multiple inheritance is not supported in JAVA. I told him that I know OOPS of CPP.
- Question 3: Explain priority scheduling (preemptive , non-preemptive). Explain a case when a low priority process will preempt a high priority process.
- Question 4: Brief discussion over one of my project.
- Question 5: Explain singleton class and write code for it.
- Question 6: Develop tic-tac-toe game and write code using concepts of OOPS in CPP. (Initially told me to include artificial intelligence also but was later satisfied without it.
Be honest with your interviewer. ;)
- Question 1: Normal HR questions.
- Question 2: Long discussion over my projects.
- Puzzle Solving Capability
- Implementation of code using OOPS.
- Data Structures
- Operating System Basics
- Object Oriented Programming (OOP) Basics
Must be capable to solve puzzles as well as coding questions with good speed and accuracy.
- Data Structures And Algorithms Made Easy : Narasimha Karumanchi,
- Dbms- Korth,
- Galvin For Operating Systems,
- Any Good Book On Data Structure And Algorithms,
- Object Oriented Programming With C++ : Balagurusamy,
Motivation for applying
Carwale currently has around 100-125 employees. So it's a good platform to learn new technology. The salary is also good.
Read Full post...