Bosch Associate software engineer interview
I was interviewed on-campus at BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore for Associate software engineer role at Bosch
Test Technical Interview HR Interview
No. of Questions
- Section 1: Technical Section
- Section 2: Aptitude Section
The technical section consisted of questions different branches. I shall answer from ECE point of view. The test had same questions for electrical cluster , ie ECE ,EEE, IT,TC . There were 35 questions in this section. The questions were based on subjects in 1st 2nd and 3rd year. Mainly concentrated on DEC, AEC, Micro-controllers, Control systems and a few basic electronics questions as well. This section also had 5 questions on programming as well. The test also had negative marking. +1 and -0.25 was the scheme. The second aptitude section had 25 questions on logical reasoning, data interpretation.
Answer only those questions which you are confident about the answer.
- Question 1: Explain about the projects you have done, have you done them for curriculum or out of interest?
- Question 2: What are your favourite subjects?
- Question 3: Draw the block diagram, and explain all the components of 8051 micro-controller
- Question 4: Difference between Micro-controller and Microprocessor
- Question 5: What are Von Neumann and Harvard classifications, which does 8051 belong to?
- Question 6: How many bit is data bus and how many is address bus, also if there are 8 lines how many memory locations are present?
- Question 7: What are interrupts? Explain in detail what happens in 8051 when there is interrupt, What happens when there is an interrupt within an interrupt?
- Question 8: Where is the location of current line of execution stored when there is an interrupt?
- Question 9: Draw basic logic gates
- Question 10: Draw half adder without using EXOR gate , draw full adder without EXOR
- Question 11: Given an input string, remove spaces and give me output string
The interview started on a tensing note, but he told me to make myself comfortable. He was more interested in how I would approach the problem rather than the syntax or trivialities of the code. He tried to confuse me even when my answer was correct. The interview went on for 30-40 mins. At the end of which the interviewer gave me a HR form to fill, and told me to proceed to the HR interview.
Be confident and do not say things you don't know about, many of my friends got rejected for bluffing.
- Question 1: Tell me about yourself
- Question 2: Family background ( what does your father do ?, what does your mother do?, etc)
- Question 3: Why Bosch?
- Question 4: What did you understand from yesterday's presentation?
- Question 5: What are your plans for higher studies?
The interviewer had a stern expression on his face, and was serious throughout the interview. He asked me why i had done a C++ project though i was from a ECE background, ( I explained that I had taken an elective OOPS which required us to do a mini project as a part of our curriculum). He also asked what i know about Bosch, this is a definite question, prepare well for it.
Be confident and truthful, do not bluff about anything. They are well trained to detect those anomalies.
Revise your understanding of your projects thoroughly.
- The 8051 microcontroller and embedded systems by Mazidi and Mazidi,
- Vani gate Book for DEC,
Prepare the subjects of second year and third year well. Do not panic in the interview, answer the questions to the point.
Motivation for applying
Bosch is one of the pioneers in the embedded systems domain. Also I had heard very good reviews from my seniors about the company.
Read Full post...