Bharat Oman Refineries Management trainee interview
- Section 1: general aptitude(60) + technical aptitude(40)
technical paper consist of both numerical and theoretical portion mainly cover thermodynamics , fluid mechanics, turbo- machinery(pump selection and their performance), theory of machine (balancing & vibration) .Strength of material
my technical test paper consist of 26 numerical out of 40 . this distribution may be vary . test conducted by co-cubes
for technical test focus on GATE syllabus and study gate material of any institution (like made-easy booklet or any other)
- Question 1: what is pump? classification of pump
- Question 2: which pump are used for pumping soap solution?
- Question 3: selection criteria of pump
- Question 4: what is NPSH ? how they affect the performance of pump?
- Question 5: types of impeller of centrifugal pump and their material which is used
- Question 6: why reciprocating pump is called positive displacement pump?
- Question 7: stress -strain diagram significance and define each point of stress-strain diagram
- Question 8: what is principal stress and their significance?
- Question 9: different theory of failure and which theory is applicable for ductile and brittle material
- Question 10: what is buckling ? difference between column and struts
- Question 11: slenderness ratio definition and classification of column on the basis of slenderness ratio
- Question 12: definition of bending and assumption of bending theory ?
- Question 13: difference between torsion and bending?
- Question 14: definition of Enthalpy and entropy
- Question 15: what is Molier diagram
- Question 16: difference between nozzle and diffuser?
- Question 17: what happens when water is filled in compressor and air is filled in pump?
- Question 18: explain iron carbon equilibrium diagram ,different invariant reaction in different temperature zone
- Question 19: curie temperature and define the temperature zone in which iron-carbon alloy behaves feromagnetic ,para-magnetic etc
- Question 20: what is welding process? give the example of them which is used in most of industry
- Question 21: which machining process is used for surface finishing operation and what is their avg height of roughness?
- Question 22: what is turbine? difference between impulse and reaction turbine?
- Question 23: what is compounding?
- Question 24: draw rankine cycle on P-V and T-S diagram
- Question 25: why inlet valve is larger in size w.r.t exhaust valve
- Question 26: why Rockwell hardness is more preferred over Brinell hardness ? how Rockwell number is given(description of Rockwell test)
- Question 27: gives example of pelton wheel, francis turbine and kaplan turbine in nearer to you also talk about their capacity
My interview duration is only 20 minutes . I gives the answer of almost all question . technical HR was very much impressed .
- Question 1: Tell me about yourself
- Question 2: what is your value in your friend?
- Question 3: which things stress you?
- GATE Study Material,