Accenture Strategy internship interview
Case Study Interview
- Question 1: Why would a person with a very technical background want to go into consulting?
- Question 2: What is the current mobile phone I use? (At the time, I used a Micromax A74) Why has Micromax succeeded? What has it done correctly?
- Question 3: What do you understand from Micromax’s recent advertising campaigns? Why has it cast Hugh Jackman?
- Question 4: Why is Nokia doing badly? What are the strategic mistakes it has made?
- Question 5: Which other industries interest me? (Apart from technology, my answer was Aviation) Why is the aviation industry not profitable?
- Question 6: Caselet: How would I approach the situation if Boeing asked me to help their suppliers (HAL) improve their output? What recent major deals in aviation did I know about?
- Question 7: How would I be able to handle the pressures and challenges of a consulting career?
• I was only asked to list the broad areas I’d look at. Listed transportation, supply chain, labour relations, and legal arrangements.
• Added one or two possible problems under each issue and suggested solutions.
- Question 1: Largely conversational, my experiences and expectations from consulting and whether Accenture would fit me. No clichéd HR questions.
- Question 1: Guesstimate the size of the Indian Diaper market.
• Structured using the number of kids in India using population statistics, the family income, and cost of diaper by guessing the percentage of families who would use diapers.
• My initial estimate was $12 billion, way too high, and without him pointing it out, I tried to adjust my various estimates.
• He was fairly happy with the structure and did not try to correct the numbers too much.
- Question 1: What is Accenture’s current stock price?
- Question 2: Is Accenture a public or a private company?
- Question 3: Where is Accenture headquartered out of?
- Question 4: What is causing deflation in Japan?
- Question 5: More questions about the state of the Japanese economy and macroeconomics in general.
- Question 6: What should the governor of RBI focus on?
• Consistency of answers across interviews and your CV makes you look sane.